Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Review

iherHey All!

I'm finally doing a review on this oil, as promised!



This oil is amazing! Coconut Oil is not exactly a protein, but it acts as one because of it's strengthening properties. So it may bother those who are protein sensitive.

This Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is light, and has a nice coconut scent, but what I really love about this oil is that it leaves my roots feeling so soft! So it is great for you (relaxer) stretchers out there!

If I can recall, I got similar results using Jarrows Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil. Though the scent of was really reminiscent of Gasoline, it was not as strong though.

Besides Nutiva having a better scent it also has a better consistency, and I am getting the full benefits of the Coconut Oil with it, as Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is extracted from fresh coconut, opposed to Expeller Pressed, which is extracted from dried coconut flesh.

  Though whatever brand you are using, EVCO is a Jack-of-All trades! It can be used alone as Prepoo, Oiling your scalp, Sealing, and it's great for your skin too! I have also found that is a great addition to any deep conditioner or treatment.

Please keep in mind that this oil changes form. It can be white colored solid that  melts to touch (as pictured) if in cooler climate, or turn into a clear liquid, in a warmer climate. So lets say it's summer and you do not have any air conditioning on, your EVCO will be a liquid and clear, but if you have air conditioning on, it while be a white colored solid. Get my drift? lol

You can find this oil from any Natural/Herbal shops, Whole Foods, Amazon, iHerb, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

There are none of these kind of stores where I live, so I order mine online from Vitamin Shoppe. There are the 15oz size, which is what I tend to buy, for $8.99, the 29oz for $16.99, or the 54oz for $21.11. (All prices are in USD)

This oil lasts a long time, and I have used mine for all the things I have listed. Whether you are natural, texlaxed, or relaxed, EVCO is a MUST in your hair repertoire, but this brand in particular, gets a 5/5 from me!

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts