Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hairdrenalin- The Potion Regimen

Hey All!



I have an idea for my Regimen for my Homemade "Potion".  I have only used it all of...twice (lol) but once leaving on overnight, and Tuesday night, leaving in for 3 hours or so, and cowashing it out.

I now know that my Homemade "Potion" is super thick, so it takes more than 1 cowash to get the oil and the scent off of my scalp. It smells like baked onion & garlic, not a smell you want to walk around people with!

Besides the scent, the "Potion" does tingle/itch, which I see as a good thing, but even if it does not, that does not exactly mean that it is not working. My batch just does.

I used one of my two favorite cowashing conditioners, VO5 Moisturizing Milks Strawberries & Cream, and it took 3 cowashes, and vigorous rubbing to get smell out. Only a faint amount remained, but with use of my leave in, which I like to call my Creamy Olive Aloe Mix ( Aloe Vera Gel, Olive Oil, Dilluted VO5 Moisturizing Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie), and my castor oil mix ( Home Health Castor Oil,Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil, Olive Oil, Sunny Isle Rosemary JBCO) the scent was non existent.

So I think I will be using my "Potion" 3-4x a week
Overnight on Saturday's leaking into Sunday.

For a few hours on
Tuesday, Thursday, and maybe Friday's.

I hate restyling my hair though, especially since I am a lover of Low Manipulation Styling, but doing it this often will encourage me to bun more often, which is great for protecting my ends and will help with retention (gaining and keeping length).

I am also hoping that this will help speed up the growth on my bald area's so I can really start to experiment with styling!


Just wanted to share!

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts