Saturday, May 14, 2011

Single Strand Knot Woes/Update

.....And we're back! Hey All!


I wanted to brief you all on my on goings, but blogger had been down for a day or so. As of late I have done my very first set of Flat Twists, which I loved the results of.

I kept it simple, after conditioned hair, I oiled my scalp, I used my Super Moisturizing Homemade Coconut Leave In, sealed with coconut oil, and put my hair into 6 flat twists. I threw on my satin scarf, and untwisted in the morning.

I got the results of a twist out done the regular two strand way, but it turned out a little more stretched, and wavier. I wish I had the pics, I took a couple with my iPhone, but it refuses to send it to my email! So if I can figure it out, or if I do it again, I will take it with my regular camera.

Though I had great results with the flat twist out, I am finding a lot of Single Strand Knots, and I think it is due to my hair being in Low Manipulation styles like twists outs. With that being said, I will be doing a lot more protective styles, and will try to experiment with pin ups. My bald spots kind of make it difficult, but we shall see.


Also speaking of my bald spots, I made a new oil concoction. Not sure how it will turn out but it is a mix of

1oz of Sunny Isle Rosemary JBCO (For growth/thickness, stimulates)
1oz of Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil (Helps with dandruff and stimulates growth)
2oz of EVCO (Strengthens hair, and I have also heard that this helps with stimulation)
2oz of EVOO (Helps with breakage, and adds shine)
4oz of Home Health Castor Oil (For growth/thickness, stimulates)

I was able to measure by using my applicator bottle.  I will be using this oil mixture a minimum of 3 times a week, although I would love to use it everyday. I am hoping this mixture will be a winner. *Crossing Fingers*


~Naomi







No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts