Monday, November 22, 2010

Yarn Braids-Results

Hey guys!

After a grueling 20 hours (I'm a slow braider) I am finished! (Of course with breaks here and there.)

To my surprise, I only used about half or a 3/4 of one spool of yarn! There is still a good chunk left over, and I actually did the braids smaller than I originally intended.


My parts are not the best, but I would say I did pretty well for a first timer!










 I will admit, I did encounter some knots, my fault though, I did not moisturize properly, and started yanking the yarn out to redo some braids. I did not have to cut much knots out, maybe 3-4 strands, but I am hoping that the length grows back by the time I take them out.  After moisturizing, and combing through each strand properly, I did not encounter any more knots. Thank goodness!



I am not exactly sure how I will upkeep them. I plan on washing at least bi-weekly, and maybe baggy (baggying is when you apply an oil or moisturizer, and use a plastic cap, shower cap, or plastic bag over your entire head, or ponytail, for a couple of hours or overnight to lock moisture into your hair) in place of deep conditioning. I have not quite figured it out yet. I plan on keeping these in for at least a month, so I will have to develop some kind of regimen. I will keep you guys posted on that one.


Anyway, I just wanted to share my results with you all!


Until Next Time, Naomi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts