Friday, October 29, 2010

Product Revisited: Suave's Professionals Shea & Almond Conditioner

As you guys know, I have done a product review on this conditioner a while back. Well yesterday I decided on doing a cowashing since my scalp was itching like crazy. I planned on using Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner, but changed my mind, and used Suave Professionals Shea & Almond.




Man, have I been missing out!

First of all, I looove the consistency! It's thick and creamy and easy to apply. (Creamy conditioners can be heavy, but it is great for those with thick hair. I myself do not consider my hair thick, but I have fine natural strands.)I had no problems distributing the conditioner, and it gave my hair so much slip! I could literally run my fingers through my hair without even detangling (of course with the conditioner still in my hair) It also left my scalp feeling clean. Which I liked as well!

I rinsed out, and used Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, which has bee a staple of mine, to compare. Now I still love my Tropical Coconut, but I did not get nearly as much slip, nor did my hair feel as moisturized, compared to Suave Professionals Shea & Almond.

I also like this conditioner because of the ingredients. It has a lot of natural components, which is great for a product so cheap!

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera]*, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass]*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract*, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I purchased this conditioner from Walmart for $1.84  USD! You can get the 32 ounce for $2.84 USD.

I even went as far as to use the conditioner as a leave in. I oiled my scalp as usual, coated my hair with conditioner, and sealed with Shea Butter.

I dried my hair in twists, covered in a silk bonnet. My hair feels so soft, and moisturized, and my curls are nice and defined.

I think this conditioner may replace my beloved Naturals Tropical Coconut. Or will be my alternate cowash and leave in, mixed with some other things.


I plan on using the matching Shampoo this week, and will review it as well. I am hoping my hair likes it, since the ingredients are good, as well as the price. My fingers are crossed!

Until Next Time, Naomi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts