Friday, September 10, 2010

Never Use Shea Butter In your DC!


I purchased pure unrefined Shea Butter not too long ago, and to be honest I have not found much use for it, in terms of hair, I know it is a great sealant, but I don't really need it for that right now, so I thought, why not add it to my preoo, but using it in a dc, on clean hair, not a good idea!

 I  know the title is a bit harsh, but guys, I had the worst experience last night!

For my prepoo I used Melted Shea Butter, Castor Oil, a little Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil, mixed with Herbal Essence Hydralicious Self Targeting Conditioner- which reeks of Alcohol, I'm not sure if I didn't notice it before, but It is definitely noticeable, which I do not like, will be using out, and not repurchasing, anyway that was not my problem.

It came out nice after shampooing, and since it worked so well in my prepoo, I said, why not add some to you DC. Boy was I wrong. I added all the same ingredients excluding the Hydralicious, and mixed it with my Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, applied and put on a shower cap.

I would say I left it on for close  2 hours, and I went to rinse. Now here is where my problem lies, I rinsed with water, and used my wide tooth comb to detangle, like always, and I put my towel on my head and head to the bathroom- I wash my hair in the kitchen sink, and my hair was coated! It was thick and slick feeling, I could use my nail to scrape the Shea butter off my strands of hair!


I immediately went to cowash, I used my VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Conditioner Kiwi Lime, and my hair went back to normal.

I don't know if I added too much , or it was the combination of Shea and Castor Oil, but my hair did not like it, at least not if I'm not going to wash it out.

So for those of you out there who are Do It Yourself-ers, or 'Chemists' as I like to call myself, be careful of the ingredients you add, and what you add them to, I did not get any adverse results, just slick hair, but I sure didn't like it. However, I did like it in my prepoo! Shea Butter is a sealant too, so that could be why my hair felt coated.

Just wanted to share my experience with you all! Happy Product Mixing!


Until Next Time, Naomi~

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, Sowwie that little experiment didn't turn out right. You were the first person I know that actually put real SB in their DC lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I know right. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea! Maybe if it was an oil? I guess I'm going to have to experiment a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts