Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Do It Yourself (DIY) Deep Conditioning Treatment- Carrot for Hair!

As you all know, I have not been home these past few weeks, so that means I have no access to my products! I know, it's terrible, however, it really has turned me into a DIY-er which is great because it forces me to be creative!

Staying with family, they have little product, which make me seem like a total junkie, but what they do have is, Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Conditioner. I do not use this at home, but it's conditioner none the less.




I squeezed a few globs of the conditioner into a bowl and added Filipo Berio Olive Oil, of course you do not have to use that specific brand, I usually use what ever is around the house. This particular brand
Before recently I had no intentions of trying carrot in a conditioner, but I have heard many good things about it, and we all know it is good for our eye sight because it contains vitamin A, but it is also full of antioxidants and minerals.I used Earth Best First Carrot (baby food). It is an organic brand, so it only contains only carrot and water, and is finely pureed, so saved me the hassle or trying to blend carrots, which I have heard can turn into a stringy mess! On their site it is sold 6 to a pack in 2.50 ounce jars for $4.14 USD excluding tax, which is about $0.69 cents a jar.


I mixed my ingredients together, and it sat in the fridge overnight in a plastic tupperware bowl, with a lid.

Before showering, I took my mixture to sit with me in the bathroom while bathing, hoping that it would warm up a little due to the steam. I did not want to ruin the texture of it by putting it in the microwave.

I Shampooed, and then added my deep conditioner mixture to my hair in sections (four) while finger combing it through, and put on a shower cap.

My hair was still a bit wet, so the mixture dripped a little, but I still kept it on for 2 hours. I rinsed while detangling, and it was a breeze! My hair felt really soft and moisturized! It also had a nice shine, which I am assuming came from the Olive Oil, which is surprising, because my hair did not like Olive Oil too much back when I was transitioning.

I used the same Olive Oil on my scalp and hair, and used setting lotion to do a rod set. My hair has hold, but it does not have a crunch, and it still very shiny.

It is definitely something that I will try again, I encourage you to try this recipe out, or create your own concoction!


Until Next Time, Naomi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts