Monday, July 12, 2010

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner Review





Sometime last week I went to Walgreens on lunch break to get another bottle of VO5 Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia, and the PJ (product junkie) got the best of me, I broke down and purchased Suave's Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. Their 15 ounce was on sale for $1.00 USD, so I figured I was not loosing much if my hair did not like it, also I have been wanting to try this for myself since this conditioner is a staple for many natural and transitioning ladies.

I wore rod set curls all of last week, which has been the longest time I've ever kept a rod set. I believe I can contribute that to using  (Olive Oil Eco Styler) gel. I usually use Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion, which is great, and holds my curls well, does not leave my hair crunchy, but it does not give my hair sheen. The gel left a little crunch, but that could be because I did not use anything on top of the gel, but I like curls to be a little crunchy because I think the last longer that way, and my hair had nice sheen.

Anyway, back to the review. Since single strand knots usually decide to come along when I wet my hair and it has not been combed or moisturized in a few days, which was the case yesterday. So, I decided to use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner as a pre poo by saturating my hair in the conditioner, and wearing a shower cap, for a little over an hour. 


I would say it did a fairly well job at softening my hair, I also did not have to do much work in terms of detangling my hair, I think it would be better if you add an oil to it, for extra moisturizing properties!


I went about my regular wash day regimen...cayenne treatment, clarifying (1-2x a month). I conditioned with Suave again to see how it would  do after my hair had be clarified. Now it did not do so great hair, it was not horrible, but there was a few kinks I had to work out with my wide tooth comb. It could be how I washed my hair that affected how tangly it was, which I will have to try again to see if my theory is true.


So far I like the product, I think it will serve as a better prepoo, than a cowashing conditioner, but again, we'll see, it could be that I just have a bad shampooing method that causes tangles, I'll post again sometime soon to see if my experience differs next time.

Ingredients: Water , Cetyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Chloride , Potassium Chloride , Fragrance , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Glycerin , 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Propylene Glycol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Silk Amino Acids , Honey , Urtica Dioica Extract , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract , Cocos Nucifera Extract


So far I'll rate this product: 3 maybe 3.5 out of 5


If you have any suggestions or recipes for or using this product, please share! I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.


Until Next Time, Naomi ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts