Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hair Update

Last week I decided to do some two strand twists, which came out nice (sorry no pics) and I left them in for two days, and wore a twist out for two or three. When I started to take those things out, man did I have some knots.

Remember those pesky little single strand knots I mentioned not too long ago? Well, they got me, again!

It could be that my hair was dry, as I did not add any moisture to my hair nor cowash while they were installed. I did manage to save a few strands by catching them before they turned into true knots but undoing them with a bobby pin. With that being said, I think I am going to stay away from two strand twists, at least until I can figure out how to moisturize them without getting them frizzy.


Anyway, my hair felt really dry and stiff after taking the twists out, so I had my hair soak in some conditioner- VO5 Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia, mixed with Coconut Milk, and Canola Oil, on dry hair with a plastic cap.

I left in for a few hours do not remember how many, but my hair felt a lot better, moisturized and soft! I did not wash my hair after, but decided to try something new. I wanted to try an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse, which is Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with baking soda, as I've heard that this combination does well for cleansing the hair and smoothing.

Thing is, I just had regular ol' vinegar, but I decided to go for it anyway. I did not measure, I put about 3 spoonfuls in a tiny plastic bowl, probably around 4-5 cap fulls of vinegar, mixed, and poured the mixture on to my scalp.

It felt grainy, but I rubbed my scalp just as I would if shampooing, or cowashing, and rinsed out. My hair felt clean afterwards, but different from when I shampoo, almost if it had been stripped of product, but was still left soft. I cowashed with VO5 Free Me Freesia, and detangled afterward. I am going to purchase Apple Cider Vinegar, and actually try to do measurements so you guys can have a recipe. You can also wing it and see how you like it!


I always style my hair after cowashing, and sinceI had not done a rod set in a while, that is what I settled on.  I oiled my scalp with my usual mixture, used Coconut Milk, as a leave in, sealed with the same mixture of oils, but instead of using Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion, I wanted to try using Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel. I added a bit of gel to each strand of hair when I was about to roll it onto the rod ( I used gray cold wave rods). I kept the rods in overnight wearing a satin bonnet, and this were the results.

Before Separating Curl

After


Until Next time, HHG to All! Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts