Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DIY DC Mishap

As you all know, I am conducting a Deep Conditioning Challenge (you are more than welcome to join) on forum.blackhairplanet.com, which is the (which is the 4th one being held on BHP) anyway, this week I wanted to switch it up a bit, so instead of having everyone dc regularly (either with a protein or moisturizing conditioner), I gave everyone a chance to show their creative side, and create their own DC. No rules, the only requirement was for participants to post the mixtures they used and their experiences.( If you are looking for a for


I don't have much stuff laying around the house, I'm running low on products, so my 'dc' was simple. I planned on using my light protein dc before, so I thought it would be a good idea to try to make my own light dc. It consisted of Coconut Milk infused with Omega-3 Oil, VO5 Free Me Freesia Conditioner,  one beaten egg, JBCO, and Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil (ABUHO)

I made the mixture the night before I planed to use it, so I stored it in the fridge. I clarified with VO5 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime, cowashed with matching conditioner, and then added the dc. It was runny so I tried adding a little bit more oil and VO5.

Of course it was cold, that was not a problem, but man was this stuff runny! It would not stop dripping! I tried to combat it by putting on shower caps, I put on four, but it was still running down my neck and face. I originally planned on deep conditioning 1-2 hours, but I only kept it in for a half hour, because of how runny it was.
 I rinsed, and parts of my hair smelled like egg, and had bits and pieces, even though I rinsed with cool water, perhaps it was not cool enough.

I had to cowash again, but afterwards my hair felt great! I think next time I try making my own dc, I will use something thicker as a base, like Shea Butter. I  know my experience must sound like a horror story, but I encourage you all to try making your own dc's at home, there is nothing like knowing, and being able to pronounce all the ingredients in the things you use!

Until Next Time, HHG to All! Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts