Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Strand Twists on Dry Hair

Last night while watching a movie, playing with my hair, I decided to twist it. I did not use any combs, or make an parts, except a short one, down the middle. The only products I had in my hair was my oils I sealed with. All mixed in my applicator bottle, which is Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil (LJBCO), Africa's Best Ultimate Oil, and Home Health Cold Pressed Cold Processed Castor Oil (HHCO). Since it was an applicator bottle, I did not make parts, just used the nozzle to get to my scalp, Coconut Milk, and  about two quarter sized amount, of VO5 Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia Conditioner.

It was pinned, and was mostly dry, I twisted by getting a strand of hair, and separating it, and twisting, and rolled the end of my hair around my finger to get it to curl. The whole process probably took 2 1/2 hours, possibly 3, I was not paying attention to the time. It could also be that the twists are small/medium sized as well.

Anyway, this was not my idea to try it out on dry hair honestly. One of my good friends on my home forum said she was thinking about trying it, and I thought it was a good idea myself. Especially being that natural hair tends to shrink as it dries. Doing it on already dry hair, means that the hair would have to stretch! So that is what influenced my decision to give it a try.

My hair still feels moisturized, and it turned out really well for the first time. I really like that I can almost see my true length with these twists as well. I say almost because I feel like natural hair will always have a little recoil to it, and can be stretched further with pressure, like using your fingers or flat ironing/pressing.


Here are my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts