Monday, May 17, 2010

Deep Conditioning Challenge 4 Update





As you all know, my Deep Conditioning Challenge officially began yesterday May 16th, 2010, and will end September 16th, 2010, with official update posts from participants on the 16th of the month until September 16th, which is the ending date, rules are posted in the original Deep Conditioning Challenge 4 post , even though I am doing it on my home forum BHP you guys are more than welcome in joining the challenge!


I am using Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner as my protein, and Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol as my moisturizing deep conditioners, as the challenge requires participants to have both a moisture and protein deep conditioner.



I started off my wash day and the official first day of the challenge by doing a cayenne pepper treatment, water only paste, which I left on for a little over an hour with a cap. I then, washed my hair with VO5 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime which is a clarifying conditioner (which strips the hair and scalp of product build up and oils) I  did a quick cowash with VO5 Herbal Escapes Free Me Freesia, and then added my deep conditioner. I chose to use Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, and added coconut milk, mixed with a tiny bit of oil to my hair after applying the dc, by using a spray bottle.

I have never used coconut milk, but I thought it would be cool to try something new. I put on two plastic caps, and also a towel around my neck, as the coconut milk made the dc very runny. I left that in for about an hour as well. My hair did not come out feeling as soft as usual, but it was not exactly rough either, it did feel stronger though.


I also used the coconut as a leave in, as sprayed coconut milk in my hair, again it was runny, I used Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil to seal, and VO5 Free Me Freesia to add some softness to my hair, as well as to stop the coconut milk from running. I also put LJBCO on my spots and edges.

I parted my hair and did about 25 plaits in my hair, and left it alone. I still have them in and will probably take them down tomorrow. I will post the results then!



Until Next Time, HHG to All! Naomi <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe and Comment! Share your opinions, knowledge or questions, or all three!

Popular Posts